King’s College London Mathematics School provides a unique opportunity for the brightest and best young mathematicians to stretch themselves and prepare for further study and work in the mathematical sciences.
The school aims to widen participation in the mathematical sciences by supporting young people from backgrounds currently under-represented in these fields. Our application process reflects this aim.
Admissions for September 2024 entry are now closed. If you missed the deadline, please email KCLMSadmissions@kcl.ac.uk.
We run open evenings and taster days to help you find out more about the school. Find out more about our open events.
To find out more about the school before applying, we recommend you attend an open evening or a taster day, or even better - both! Once you have decided to apply, here are the key steps in the process:
- Complete an online application form. The deadline for the completion of this form is Sunday 26 November, 2023, at 23:59.
- All applicants will be invited to sit a mathematics aptitude test on Saturday 9 December, 2023.
- Those with a high score in the test will be invited to interview on Friday 19 or Saturday 20 January, 2024.
- Conditional offers will then be made at the start of February 2024.
- Enrolment day coincides with GCSE results day on Thursday 22 August, 2024. You will need to come to the school in person to enrol, and to begin your journey at King's Maths School!
Latest news and events
Our prospectus takes you on a tour of life and learning at King's Maths School.
360 virtual tour
During the COVID-19 restrictions, we were not able to host open events. We decided in response to make a film and a virtual tour showing prospective students our building. The film is complemented by videos introducing applicants to staff members, students and members of our alumni community.
Please note, this film features our former Head Teacher Mr Dan Abramson OBE. We are aiming to produce a new film in 2024 featuring Mr Timothy Bateup who joined us as Head Teacher in September 2023.
A Level results 2023
The Class of 2023 attained outstanding A Level results. 70% of grades were A*s and 91% were A or better. 33% of students are going to Oxbridge, with all others progressing to highly competitive programmes. See the news story below for more details!