REVISION+ is our FREE, Easter masterclass programme for Year 11 students who are aiming for one of the top grades in GCSE Mathematics and Physics. Applications are now open.
King's College London Mathematics School aims to be a centre of excellence for the teaching and learning of mathematics, and to provide opportunities for students with an interest and aptitude for mathematics, especially to those from backgrounds currently under-represented in the mathematical sciences.
To realise this vision, we run programmes and events for both students and teachers. All student (and some teacher) events are free of charge! If you'd like to be kept informed about these programmes and events you can sign up for our outreach mailing list.
What's happening at KCLMS?
If you would like us to contact you when applications open for a particular programme, fill in this form.
Applications are now open for the following programmes:
- MESME Maths Circle: Year 7 & 8 students can apply on a rolling basis.
- GCSE+ Physics: Applications are now open to join the Year 9 programme. Deadline: Monday 19 February, 11:00.
- REVISION+ Easter School: Applications are now open for Year 11 students. Deadline: Thursday 29 February, 11:00.
- Girls like Maths (and Physics!) Summer School: Applications are now open for female identifying Year 10 students to join our summer school programme. Deadline: Tuesday 14 May, 23:59.
- Step up to A Levels: Applications are now open for Year 11 students to join our summer school programme. Deadline: Tuesday 14 May, 23:59.
Information for students who are currently a part of an outreach programme:
- Please continue to attend your sessions on the same day of the week as you did last term. To change the day of the week that you attend, please email KCLMSoutreach@kcl.ac.uk.
- GCSE+ Maths sessions will continue from w/b 15 January.
- MESME online sessions will continue from w/b 15 January.
- GCSE+ Physics sessions will continue from w/b 15 January.
- Extension Mathematics: University Admissions Prep start on Monday 15 January.
- Extension Physics: University Admissions Prep will start on Thursday 18 January.
- GCSE+ Computer Science will start on Thursday 18 January.
- Students who are running late or cannot make a session must email KCLMSoutreachAbsences@kcl.ac.uk. If you don't, you may be removed from the course. A lot of students apply for these programmes, it is hard to see a space being wasted that could have gone to another student.
- Please contact KCLMSoutreach@kcl.ac.uk if you are unaware of your session dates for next term.
We are currently running a series of free, online CPD sessions from King’s Maths School and Surrey Maths School for teachers of Physics A level.
Sessions are taking place via Teams on Wednesdays, 16:30 to 17:15. To find out more and book your place follow this link.
Please check here for further updates, or alternatively contact us using KCLMSoutreach@kcl.ac.uk.
This list was last updated on 29 January 2024.
King's College London Mathematics School runs a range of programmes through the year for students from across London interested in the mathematical sciences.
King's College London Mathematics School runs events and courses to support the professional development of Level 3 mathematics teaching in London.
This is the weekly maths challenge. Do you like maths? Are you good at it? These maths challenges are posted on our website weekly. Have a go! Try your hand at answering them, then check out the solutions. And if there isn't a solution, you are welcome to submit one.