Find out more about the school at a virtual open evening, and get a real-life taste of King's Maths School at a taster day.
Vision: why do we exist?
King’s Maths School is for students with a particular aptitude and enthusiasm for mathematics. Our safe, welcoming and stimulating environment enables students and staff to learn together and to thrive. Through our work, we widen participation in mathematical degrees and careers at the very best universities and institutions.
Ethos: how do we go about this?
We provide an education that:
- is engaging and challenging;
- inspires curiosity and motivates an interest in further study;
- equips students with a coherent understanding as well as a procedural fluency;
- empowers students by developing their thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration;
- provides students with a trusting community that nurtures and prioritises their wellbeing;
- supports students to make informed decisions about their futures and effectively supports them to realise their ambitions;
- enables outstanding progress for each and every student.
Values: what underpins our work?
Five core values, chosen by our students, define us:
We are a fully inclusive community that promotes equality and diversity and that is a exemplification of the Fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.