Find out more about the school at a virtual open evening, and get a real-life taste of King's Maths School at a taster day.
Vision: why do we exist?
King’s Maths School is for students with a particular aptitude and enthusiasm for mathematics, and aims to widen participation in mathematical degrees and careers at the very best universities and institutions.
Ethos: how do we go about this?
We provide an education that:
- is engaging and challenging;
- inspires curiosity and motivates an interest in further study;
- equips students with a coherent understanding as well as a procedural fluency;
- empowers students by developing their thinking, problem solving and communication skills;
- provides students with a welcoming community in which they can feel at home and develop outstanding collaborative skills;
- enables students to make informed decisions about their futures and effectively supports them to realise their ambitions;
- enables the progress of each and every student.
Values: what underpins our work?
Five core values, chosen by our students, define us:
We are a fully inclusive community that promotes equality and diversity and that is a exemplification of the Fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.