A-level results 2021
King's College London Mathematics School (KCLMS) students have celebrated great success this summer in their A level results despite the interruption to their education over the last 18 months.
78% of grades were A*s, and 95% were A or better. Fifty-nine percent of students attained straight A*s. Students attained on average three-quarters of a grade per entry better than was predicted by their GCSE results.
We are delighted that more than 25% of leavers are going to Oxbridge, with all others progressing to highly competitive options.
Head Teacher Dan Abramson said: “This generation of students has excelled yet again. These are fantastic results, and we are so proud of our students’ journey through very challenging times. These results demonstrate the outstanding efforts of both students and staff. It has been incredibly moving to see our students’ positivity and their sense of school spirit throughout the pandemic. They have shown adaptability and resilience like never before.”
Subject by subject outcomes can be seen below:
There are many inspiring individual stories we are celebrating today. They include:
- Gary who will study Maths and Physics at the University of Warwick having secured A*A*A. Gary, who previously attended the London Nautical School, has made his Ethiopian parents very proud.
- Rosalyn obtained 3 A*s. She will join Dyson to complete a degree apprenticeship in engineering.
- Emma obtained A*AA and is off to Oxford to study PPE. Emma is the first in her immediate family to go to university.
- Souharda obtained 3 A*s and is off to Warwick to study Maths as the first person in his family to go to university.
- Shankaroon obtained 2 A*s and an A. She will be going to Queen Mary University to study software engineering. Shankaroon is one of 8 sisters all making their Somali parents proud with careers in science, engineering and education.
- Tian obtained A*A*A. She is the first person in her family to attend university. Tian is going to Imperial to study Biomedical Engineering.
- Stazi obtained A*s in her A level results despite facing challenging health issues this year. She is off to Oxford to study Maths and Computer Science.
- Sophie obtained A*AA. Sophie will be doing a paid internship with ZOE, the ground-breaking start-up in healthcare data science. ZOE and King’s College London developed the pioneering COVID Symptom app. Sophie will be working with the data science team at ZOE.
In their second year, some KCLMS students opt to take their research further and complete an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), which is equivalent to half an A-level in scope and in UCAS weighting. Nineteen students completed an EPQ, with 12 A*s and 7 As awarded.
A number of students also sat the Cambridge STEP examinations, with six students (Jamie, Keval, Luca, William, James and Carlotta) achieving the necessary exceptional level of performance (grade 1 in both STEP papers) required for entry to the Cambridge Mathematics course.
AS results from year 12 were also very strong, with 100% As in Economics and 98% As in Computer Science.
Class of 2021 - well done!