GCSE+ Physics is a free fortnightly programme of fun-filled Physics which will:
- Solidify your understanding with experienced, skilled and knowledgeable physics teachers.
- Spend time developing your understanding of practical physics.
- Develop your capacity to think like a physicist and solve unfamiliar problems.
If you like physics and think you might want to take A Level Physics, then this programme is for you.
All year 11 sessions take place at King’s Maths School, 80 Kennington Road, SE11 6NJ. The school is located centrally, and just a short walk away from Waterloo, Lambeth North and Elephant and Castle stations. Local bus routes include 3, 59, 159, 344 and 360.
Sessions will run once a fortnight during term time on Thursdays, 16:45 - 18:15. Your first session will be on Thursday 11 November.
We are taking applications from students who are currently in school Year 11. Since our mission is to widen participation in mathematical sciences degrees and careers, we’ll prioritise places for students who:
- do not have parents(s) or carer(s) who have studied at university
- attend non-selective schools
- have been eligible for Free School Meals in any of the past 6 years
- live or have lived in local authority care, are a young carer, or are disabled
- are traditionally underrepresented in physics in Higher Education
How to apply
The deadline for application is Monday 1 November 23:59.
You can find out more by reading the flyer: