Outreach - For Teachers
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for mathematics teachers please enter your details here: join our outreach mailing list.
MathemAgora Online Festival
Our mathematical “marketplace” re-opens for 2021-22.
King’s Maths School is delighted to host a series of virtual talks. Each talk will be held via Zoom.
- 24 November: Dr Chris Pritchard (17:15-18:30)
- 26 Jan: Colin Foster
- 9 March: Nicola Bretscher
- 27 April: Richard Perring
- 22 Jun: tbc
For Further details, see this flyer:
Teaching a 'top set' in KS4: success now, success later
A series of eleven online sessions taking place during the Autumn Term. The National Curriculum says that students “who grasp concepts rapidly should be challenged through being offered rich and sophisticated problems before any acceleration through new content”: this sounds lovely in theory, but how do we provide this in practice?
Robert Wilne will suggest an answer to this question. In the course you will examine and reflect on questions and tasks that
- catalyse students’ mathematical reasoning
- strengthen their problem-solving resilience
- deepen their conceptual understanding
- improve their procedural fluency
Here's the key course information:
- There are eleven hour-long sessions, each one focusing on a particular GCSE topic.
- All sessions are on Zoom on Wednesdays, 17:15-18:15.
- You can attend one, some or all the sessions: whichever interest you.
- The CPD is free, there is no charge to register or attend.
For further details, see the flyer:
A level Physics CPD for Teachers
We’ll be running a series of free online CPD sessions in the new year for teachers of A level Physics.
If you’d like to be contacted when sign ups open you can register here.
Further Maths Professional Development
King's Maths School has been running courses to enhance teachers' understanding of the subject content and associated pedagogy of A Level Further Mathematics. Most recently Robert Wilne, a highly experienced sixth-form teacher and PD leader, led six online 2-hour sessions focusing on the bigger picture and finer detail of the key core pure topics in May and June 2020. For further details, see the dedicated course page.
We hope to repeat this course again in the future.